Wednesday, February 13, 2013

How To Tell Someone They Sound Racist






   The "How to tell someone they sound Racist” Clip

"How to tell someone they sound Racist” Explains how to focus on what a racist did not to attack the person but to attack their action.
In this video clip J Smoove discusses to the people to have more of a discussion about a person being a racist other than making a racist comment. What they are draws conclusions they are racist takes away the argument.
I believe racism still exists and that racism should be addressed when someone isn’t being a racist but when making a racist comment to someone that should not be passive.
I want to know “How did you feel watching this video clip?” There are a few tips in this video that are helpful to use if you or if you know someone that has be or is in the same predicament.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I like the section where you wrote "I believe racism still exists and that racism should be addressed when someone isn’t being a racist but when making a racist comment to someone that should not be passive." because I also agree people now in days are still racist. I like that you address that in the picture because back then racism was a big thing and now in days people still make negative comments about racist. Your post made me feel that it's true there needs to be a stop to these negative comments. Racism still exists and I know it does because sometimes I make racist comments myself and I know I need to break that habit. What if you made a racist comment yourself how would you try to stop yourself from making that comment. I personally think you picked out a great blog because people often don't realize they make these negative comments until someone points them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I like the section where you talked about "racism should be addressed when someone isn’t being a racist but when making a racist comment to someone that should not be passive.". I believe that is very true. The video you chose made me think about how many people I have heard being racist and not doing anything about it. The blog made me think about how many people don't point out the fact that others are being racist and unfortunately, I have been one of them in past scenarios. The idea is missing discussion about other ways you can stop others from being racist. Consider thinking about the racial identities that are getting bullied around by others who are racist and combine that with the article. Check out this youtube video, I believe it'll help go with the article; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRYKZ5BY57I

    ReplyDelete